Last Updated on August 16, 2023 by AirwaysWiFiGuide Team
Spirit Airlines is known as a low-cost carrier. Its headquarters is located in Miramar, Florida, USA. Founded in 1983, this airline mainly serves busy flights throughout the USA, Central America, Latin America, South America & Caribbean.
The airline is the eighth-largest carrier in North America. Currently, the airline has a total of 175 active aircraft. All of these are the Airbus series. Daily it operates 700+ flights to 83 destinations.
However, Spirit Airlines (NK) does not provide fully functional wifi service to any of its aircraft. However, according to its CEO, it is testing initial WiFi service to some planes. During the temporary trial period, travelers of these flights will enjoy limited access at a moderate rate. Per flight, the wifi cost can be $6.50.
|Airlines Name||Spirit airlines|
|WIFI Service||Currently trial basis to some flights|
|Frequent Flyer Program||Free Spirit|
|Aircraft In Service||175|
|Operating Bases||Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport(IATA: ATL), Atlantic City International Airport(IATA: ACY), Chicago O’Hare International Airport (IATA: ORD), Dallas Fort Worth International Airport(IATA: DFW), Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (IATA: DTW), Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (IATA: FLL), George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IATA: IAH), Harry Reid International Airport(IATA: LAS), Miami International Airport (IATA: MIA), Orlando International Airport(IATA: MCO)|
|Headquarter||Miramar, Florida, United States|
|Employees||8,938 (as of 2020)|
Spirit Airlines Hotline Numbers
If you need any help or assistance regarding wifi service, update & connectivity then you can call these numbers: 801-401-2222, 800-772-7117.
Also for a general query call this number:855-728-3555. They provide 24/7 support.
Spirit Airlines aircraft does not have a USB power port on the seats. So when you travel through this airline, don’t forget to bring your battery charger.
Read Also: United WiFi
Things You Should Know Before Traveling Spirit Airlines
- You can carry a purse or personal small backpacks for free. But your carry-on bags are not free.
- You have to buy snacks and drinks separately as these are not free. So either bring them from home or buy them before you enter the plane. However, if you want to buy these items inside the plane then you have to pay via debit or credit cards.
- The airlines do not provide inflight entertainment including TVs.
Does Spirit Airlines Have Wi-Fi?
Yes, they are testing wifi service on a trial basis to some of the aircraft.
How Much Will The WiFi Cost?
Although they have not announced their inflight wifi cost yet. But the authority said the estimated price per flight cost can be $6.5.
How Will I Know That My Plane Is Wi-Fi Equipped?
You will be notified before the flight announcement. Also, they will add decals with wifi service inside the plane.
Who Is The Spirit Airlines WiFi Provider?
Spirit Airlines have a deal with Thales Group to use its HTS satellite system for high-speed wifi service on its aircraft. They are expecting that the system can able to provide 97% coverage.
Is There Any Coupon, Promo Code, Or Discount Code For Spirit Airlines WiFi?
Currently, no promo or discount offers are available. Please visit the airline’s social media pages for the latest update.
How Can I Apply For WiFi Refund?
Visit this page to request a wifi refund.
Spirit Airlines Social Pages
- Spirit Airlines Facebook Official
- Spirit Airlines Twitter Official
- Spirit Airlines Linkedin Official
Read Related Articles
- Does Frontier Have WiFi Service
- Does Avianca Have Wifi
- Does Allegiant Air Have Inflight WiFi
- Does Hawaiian Airlines Have WiFi
- Does Volaris Airlines Have WiFi On Board
- Does RYANAIR Have InFlight WiFi
- Does Porter Airlines Have Inflight WiFi
- Does Air Transat Have WiFi Facility
- Does Sun Country Airlines Have Inflight WiFi