Last Updated on August 11, 2023 by AirwaysWiFiGuide Team
Swiss International Air Lines or Swiss Air Lines or Swiss is an international flag carrier based in Switzerland. It was founded in 2002. Swiss Air Lines is currently operated by Lufthansa Group and its headquarters is located at EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg, Basel, Switzerland.
The airlines operate flights in 102 domestic & international destinations. International destinations cover North America, Europe, South America, Asia & Africa. However, it uses Zurich Airport as its sole hub and Geneva Airport as its focus city. It has a total of 89 fleets.
Swiss air provides paid wifi service on its flights which starts from 20MB for 9.00 CHF. Below we discussed details about the Swiss Air Lines wifi system.
Swiss Air – At A Glance
|Name||Swiss International Air Lines|
|Operated By||Lufthansa Group|
|Focus City||Geneva Airport|
|Headquarters||EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg, Basel, Switzerland|
|Total Fleet Size||89|
|Destinations||Total of 102 domestic & international destinations|
|Wifi SSID||SWISS Connect|
Which Swiss Air Aircrafts Have WiFi Service?
|Wi-Fi Enabled Aircrafts||Wifi Provider|
How To Connect Swiss Air Wifi?
- Turn ON your device’s wifi settings.
- Connect wifi SSID “SWISS Connect” from the wifi network.
- Open your browser and visit swissconnectforguests.com
- Then select “Go Online Now” and follow the given instructions.
Swiss Air WiFi Plans With Costs
|20 MB||Check Inbox & write mails|
|50 MB||Social media chatting(vi apps) & texting||CHF 19.00|
|120 MB||Any type of web browsing and chatting including social media||CHF 39.00|
|220 MB||Single video streaming or any type of heavy browsing||CHF 59.00|
- You can use your purchased connectivity voucher within five years from the purchase date.
- Your package will start a countdown when you first start login. However, it ends when you arrive at your destination or if you just use your package completely. It can not be stopped or paused in midflight.
- No refund policy option is applicable for these data packages(for unused data).
- If your service is interrupted inflight then you won’t be compensated or your service periods won’t be extended.
Is Swiss Airlines Wifi Free?
No. You have to purchase a data plan. The airline only provides a 50 MB connectivity voucher for their first-class travelers.
Can I Make Calls While Onboard?
Yes, you can. Calling service is available on aircraft A330, A340 & Boeing 777. However, prices will be set by your phone provider and operator.
Is There Any Mobile Charging Ports Available On Swiss Airlines?
Yes. Aircrafts A330, A340 & Boeing 777 have charging electronic ports(common with the international system) in all of their first & business class seats. Also, These aircraft have USB connections in all seats of all travel classes.
Note that: You can not connect the power bank to the main power supply. Although you can use them for charging your electronic devices inflight.
Which Swiss Aircrafts Have Individual Inflight Entertainment Systems?
Airbus A330, Airbus A340 & Boeing 777 have individual screens equipped in all the seats.
Does Swiss Airline Wi-Fi Support Netflix?
Yes. For this, you have to choose a high-volume data plan.
Can I Use Zoom By Using Swiss Airline Wifi?
Yes, you can use zoom by using the Swiss airline’s onboard wifi service for joining any meetings or conferences.