Last Updated on August 25, 2023 by AirwaysWiFiGuide Team
Zurich Airport is the largest international airport in Switzerland that is located at 8058 Kloten, Switzerland. It was founded in 1948 and serves the Zurich Metropolitan Area. The total area of Zurich Airport covers 1,013,000 m2.
The airport has three concrete runways and three terminals that are known as A, B, E. Popular Swiss International Air Lines or Swiss Air uses Zurich Airport as their main hub.
Other internationally known airlines that use the Zurich Airport are Edelweiss Air, Air Lingus, Air Canada, Air France, American Airlines, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Chair Airlines, Delta Air Lines, El Al, Emirates, Eurowings, Finnair, Icelandair, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways International, TAP Air Portugal, United Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Vueling etc more.
Each year millions of passenger travel through Zurich Airport and in 2021 the airport has been used by 10,234,428 passengers. As a popular airport in Europe, Zurich Airport provides four hours of free Wi-Fi service for its visitors with the help of Monzoon Networks.
Zurich Airport – Brief Overview
|Airport name||Zurich Airport (German: Flughafen Zürich)|
|Address||8058 Kloten, Switzerland|
|Terminal||Three terminals are known as A, B & E|
|Runways||Total three concrete runways|
|Main Hub For||Swiss International Air Lines|
|Focus City For||Chair Airlines, Condor, Edelweiss Air, Helvetic Airways|
|Wi-Fi||Free Wi-Fi is available for four hours and paid Wi-Fi is also available|
|Wi-Fi Provider||Zurich Airport (ZRH)|
|Wi-Fi Supporter||Monzoon Networks|
|Airport Phone||+41 43 816 22 11|
Zurich Airport Wi-Fi Facility & Connection Procedure
If you are at Zurich Airport then you can enjoy four hours of free Wi-Fi service without any kind of interruption. However, the free Zurich Airport Wi-Fi service will automatically refresh after seven hours. The Wi-Fi SSID name of Zurich Airport is “Zurich Airport”.
The Free Wi-Fi service of Zurich Airport is provided by the renowned Swiss internet service provider Monzoon Networks AG. You can connect free Zurich Airport Wi-Fi on your device by three processes and these are By telephone, By text message, and With your boarding pass. These processes are given below.
- First open your device’s Wi-Fi option.
- Activate the Zurich Airport Wi-Fi network SSID “Zurich Airport”.
- Click on “Register by phone call”.
- Provide your mobile number then click on “Accept GTCs and log in”.
- Now to confirm your login click on the number shown to start the call and wait for a few seconds then you will receive a call that will be free for most of the time. Sometimes depending on your mobile operator, you may charge some fee.
- At last, Click on the “Go to the Internet” button and you are now eligible to use the free Zurich Airport Internet for a limited time(four hours).
Connecting Zurich Airport Free Wi-Fi Via Text Message:
- First open your device’s Wi-Fi network option.
- Activate Zurich Airport Wi-Fi SSID “Zurich Airport”.
- Choose the “Register by SMS” option.
- Provide your mobile number and click on “Send a code to my mobile phone”.
- You will receive a text containing a code within a short time. Provide the code to your device or you can click the link given on the text to register your mobile directly.
- Finally click on the “Go to the Internet” button and you are now eligible to use free Zurich Airport Wi-Fi.
Connecting Zurich Airport Free Wi-Fi Via Boarding Pass:
- First open your device’s Wi-Fi option.
- Activate Zurich Airport Wi-Fi network SSID “Zurich Airport”.
- You will get a code on either the information desk or at the boarding pass scanner. Just insert the code and click on click on “Accept GTCs and log in”.
- At last, click on the “Go to the Internet” button and you are now eligible to access free Zurich Airport Wi-Fi.
*** Boarding Pass Scanner Can be found on:
Landside: Car park P2: Service Center, Arrival 1: Switzerlandinfo+, Arrival 2: Switzerlandinfo+
Airside: Airside Center: Information Desk, Dock A: Transfer Desk/Travelex, Dock B: Travelex ATM (D34), Dock E: Alpenblick Bar (E26), Dock E: Travelex ATM (E44), Dock E: Starbucks (E53)
Lounges(Members Only): Arrival 2: Swiss Arrival Lounge, Airside Center: Aspire Lounge (2nd floor), Swiss HON First Lounge, Swiss Senator Business Lounge, VIP Lounge (ground floor), Gate D: Swiss Lounge (non-Schengen), Gate E (3rd floor): Swiss Lounge, Aspire Lounge & Emirates Lounge.
Paid Wi-Fi Facility – Zurich Airport
If you are not satisfied with using the first four hours free Wi-Fi facility at Zurich Airport then don’t worry you have paid options available. You can use the following Zurich Airport paid Wi-Fi facility by using your credit card.
Charges – Premium Access
|Wi-Fi Package Duration||Costs (including VAT)|
|1 hour||6.90 CHF|
|4 hours||9.90 CHF|
|24 hours||14.90 CHF|
Mobile Charging – Zurich Airport
Throughout the airport area, there are more than fifteen free multiple mobiles charging stations available for visitors at Zurich Airport(both airside and landside). Each of these charging stations has a secured locker option to charge the phone. This means you can keep your device charging on these lockers and go shopping or other airport services.
Also, you can find device charging ports/power outlets in various seating areas, especially on the airside.
Sleeping In Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport is a good spot for sleeping overnight. The airport remains quiet after 11:00 pm. The Airside area of the airport has not had many available comfortable chairs.
Rather you will find flat bench chairs that are good for stretching out. If you feel comfortable sleeping on the floor then find some carpeted area for comfortable sleep. Overall you can sleep in the following areas of the Zurich Airport.
Terminal A: Some armrest-free chairs are available near the vending machine corner where you can sleep comfortably.
Terminal B: Many armrest-free benches are available in the terminal area.
Terminal E: Near the gate area, flat and long couches are available.
Security Area: Inside the security area you can find a quiet sleeping spot on top of the floor. And inside the pre-security area, near arrivals, some seats are available and the place remains very quiet at night.
Zurich Airport – Map
Is There Wi-Fi Service At Zurich Airport?
Yes, At Zurich Airport Wi-Fi service is available.
Is There Any Free Wi-Fi Service Available At Zurich Airport?
Yes, Zurich Airport provides four hours of free Wi-Fi facility for visitors.
What Is The Name Of The Free Zurich AIrport Wi-Fi SSID Network?
Zurich Airport’s free Wi-Fi network SSID name is “Zurich Airport”.
Is The Zurich Airport Free Wi-Fi Has Limitations?
Yes, Zurich Airport’s free Wi-Fi has time limitations. You can use the free Wi-Fi for up to four hours from the first login.
Is There Any paid Wi-Fi Service At Zurich Airport?
Yes, Zurich Airport has paid Wi-Fi service based on a time basis. These are 1 hour: 6.90 CHF, 4 hours:9.90 CHF, 24 hours:14.90 CHF.
Read Related Articles
- Malpensa Airport WiFi | Does MXP Airport Have Free WiFi
- Detailed Guide To Connect Brussels Airport WiFi | BRU Free WiFi
- Manchester Airport WiFi Connection Guide | MAN Airport WiFi
- A Guide To Connect Madrid-Barajas Airport WiFi | MAD Free WiFi
- How To Connect To Istanbul Airport WiFi | IST Free WiFi
- Detailed Guide To Heathrow Airport WiFi | LHR WiFi