Last Updated on July 13, 2023 by AirwaysWiFiGuide Team
Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) or simply BWI Marshall is located in Baltimore, MD 21240, United States. It was founded and started operation on 24 June 1950. Inaugurated by US president Harry Truman, the overall building cost of BWI airport was around $9 million.
The airport was named after the first African American Associate Justice of the US Supreme court Thurgood Marshall. Besides Dulles International Airport(IAD) & Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport(DCA), BWI Marshall serves Baltimore, Maryland & Washington, D.C.
The BWI is situated 14 km south of downtown Baltimore. The total land area of the airport covers 3,160 acres. BWI Marshall has three active runways and one terminal with five concourses with a total of 77 gates.
Famous for providing low-cost flights on both domestic and international destinations, BWI provides flights to many popular destinations in North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East etc.
Southwest Airlines uses BWI as the main hub and other airlines use this airport including Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, British Airways, Condor, Delta Airlines, JetBlue, Spirit, and United Airlines. Among these airlines, Southwest Airlines alone serves 68% of flights at BWI.
As the 22nd busiest airport in the USA, annually BWI provides service to over 27 million passengers and in 2021 it served 18,868,429 passengers.
Baltimore/Washington International Airport is famous for its high-quality service for passengers. They provide high-speed Wi-Fi service in all the passenger areas. In the below table we have provided some important information about Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) for your convenience.
|Airport name||Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI)|
|Opened||24 June 1950|
|Location||Anne Arundel County, Maryland, U.S.|
|Address||Baltimore, MD 21240, United States|
|Owner & operator||Maryland Aviation Administration (MDOT MAA)|
|Total area||3160 acres|
|Main hub for||Southwest Airlines|
|Focus city for||Southwest Airlines|
|Other airline uses BWI||Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, British Airways, Condor, Delta Airline, JetBlue, Spirit and United Airlines|
|Elevation||143 ft / 44 m|
|Coordinates||39.1774° N, 76.6684° W|
|Time Zone||Eastern Time Zone (GMT-4)|
|Wi-Fi||Free Wi-Fi Available|
|Total terminal||One terminal with five concourses|
|Social media||Facebook |
Baltimore Airport – WiFi Service
Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) provides free high-speed Wi-Fi service for passengers. The free Wi-Fi service is available on all terminals and public areas. BWI Wi-Fi service has no data limit and time limit as well. Also, you can use BWI airport’s free Wi-Fi as long as you stay at the airport.
Your devices must be Wi-Fi enabled and you can connect unlimited devices to BWI WiFi. BWI WiFi network SSID name is #MyBWI-Fi. By using the BWI Wi-Fi service you can check your emails, and activity on social media, stream any videos and even you can do heavy web browsing.
How To Connect To BWI Free WiFi?
To connect to BWI WiFi service as long as you want just follow the steps given below.
- Make sure you are using WiFi-enabled devices.
- From the Wireless & Networks settings of your device find and turn on Wi-Fi.
- View available WiFi networks and look for Baltimore/Washington International Airport Wi-Fi SSID “#MyBWI-Fi”.
- Connect to WiFi SSID “#MyBWI-Fi”.
- Open your device browser and it will automatically take you to the WiFi portal page.
- Accept their terms and conditions.
- Start enjoying BWI free WiFi!
Mobile Charging At BWI Airport
At BWI airport mobile charging facility is available in different public places. You can find device charging stations on Concourse D and near the observation gallery. There are a total of 184 new power outlets and USB ports available for passengers where they can charge their smartphones, laptops, tablets, and other personal electronic devices.
Sleeping At Baltimore Airport
Baltimore Airport has many sleeping facilities, especially in concourses D & E. In these places, you will find many padded benches, armrest-free chairs and couches for comfortable sleeping overnight.
Also, there are paid sleeping seats available. Different nooks and corners are also available in the waiting areas for sleeping. Concourse C has also some armrest-free seating facilities.
As BWI airport weather is cold and there are frequent overhead announcements available, it is recommended to bring a noise-canceling earplug or headphones and blanket etc.
What Other Services Are Available At BWI?
BWI airport provides many facilities for its visitors and among these services most notable services are as follows:
- Art exhibits and galleries are available throughout the airport landside and airside areas.
- ATMs are available on landside and airside areas. However, fees may apply to withdrawing cash.
- Baby care stations are available near the entrance of gate C (landside) and gates A6, B2, C7, D2, and D/E concourses(airside). Also available on baggage carousel 9.
- Family washroom facilities are available on both landside and airside areas.
- Children’s play area available at gate D11(airside) and the observation gallery before the B/C security checkpoint(landside).
- Currency exchange facility available on main terminal landside areas.
- Over 50 duty-free retail shopping options are available in both landside and airside areas.
- Different types of popular foods and drinks are available at a cheap rate.
- Pet relief areas are available on Concourse E airside and Concourse C landside lower level.
- United States Postal Services(UPS) is available near Concourse C upper-level areas(landside).
- There are also both shower rooms and a fully-featured gyp room available in different places like Concourse D & E.
Is There Wi-Fi Service At Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI)?
Yes, At BWI Airport you can enjoy high-speed Wi-Fi Service.
Is The WiFi Service At Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) Free?
Yes, the BWI Airport is free to use.
What Is The Name Of BWI Airport WiFi SSID?
BWI airport WiFi SSID name is “#MyBWI-Fi”.
Is The Free Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) Wi-Fi Limited?
No, BWI airport WiFi has no limit which means you can use the WiFi as long as you stay in the airport.
Can I Stream Videos At BWI Airport?
Yes, you can as the BWI allows streaming videos using their WiFi network.
How Many Devices Are Allowed To Connect To BWI WiFi?
No limit for devices and you can connect as many devices as you want to connect to BWI WiFi.
What Should I Do If I Face Any Problem Connecting BWI WiFi?
If you face any problem connecting or using BWI WiFi then you can try calling the BWI phone number +1 410-859-7111.