San Francisco International Airport(SFO) is one of the major international airports in California. Founded on 15 March 1927, this airport is used as the major gateway to Europe, Asia, Middle East. The airport is located at P.O. Box 8097, San Francisco, CA 94128, United States of America.
The city and County of San Francisco is the owner and operator of SFO. The total area of this airport covers 5207 acres which includes four asphalt runways and four terminals(1,2,3,4) with a total of 115 gates.
United Airlines uses it as the main maintenance hub and Alaska Airlines used as it its hub. As the largest airport in San Francisco Bay Area and the second busiest airport in California, SFO provides unlimited high-speed Wi-Fi Service for its passengers.
In the below table, we have provided important information about the San Francisco International Airport (SFO) airport.
|Airport name||San Francisco International Airport (SFO)|
|Opened||15 March 1927|
|Total area||5,207 acres|
|City||San Francisco, CA|
|Serves||San Francisco Bay Area|
|Location||San Francisco, United States of America|
|Address||San Francisco, CA 94128, United States of America|
|Country||United States of America|
|Owner & Operator||City and County of San Francisco|
|Time Zone||Pacific Daylight Time|
|Total runways||4 runways (four terminals as 1,2,3,international; seven concourses; 115 gates)|
|Elevation||13 ft / 4 m|
|Hub for||Alaska Airlines, United Airlines|
|Coordinates||37.6213° N, 122.3790° W|
|Wi-Fi||Free wifi available|
|SSID||“#SFO FREE WIFI” or “#SFO FREE 5GHZ WIFI”|
|Airport lost & found: SFOLostandFound@flysfo.com|
|Total Passengers||24,343,627 (2021)|
|Social Media||Twitter |
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) – WiFi
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) provides good quality Wi-Fi service which you can use any of your Wi-Fi-enabled devices. There is no time limit and as well as no data limit. With SFO’s unlimited Wifi service you can browse and watch whatever you want on your device.
To use the airport wifi, you will have to agree with the WiFI terms and conditions provided by the airport authority. After agreeing to the terms and conditions you will be able to enjoy the WiFi connection.
However, you will have to renew the agreement every four hours. Wifi service is available throughout the passenger terminals areas including pre-post security areas.
Read Also: Does Denver Airport Have WiFi
How To Connect To SFO Free Wifi?
To connect and enjoy SFO’s free unlimited wifi service please follow the steps given below.
- Make it sure that your device is wifi enabled.
- Turn on Wi-Fi under Wireless and Network settings.
- From available wireless networks find and connect to WiFI SSID name “#SFO FREE WIFI” or “#SFO FREE 5GHZ WIFI”.
- Open your device browser and accept the terms and conditions of using SFO WIFI.
- Enjoy your wifi service!
Sleeping At San Francisco Airport
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) has decent sleeping spots in terminals 2 and 3 landside and airside areas. Although no specific dedicated areas for sleeping are available. Padded benches are available in terminal 2 near the post-security in arrivals (baggage claim #4).
Each padded bench or couch is big enough to accommodate two people easily. In the airside areas, a few spots are featured with padded couches. You should come prepared for sleeping on the floors. There are complaints about bright light and noise in these areas.
So you should bring the necessary eye mask, earplugs, and blanket. However, if you are on a layover, then you can access to FreshenUP area where three nap rooms are available for short-term staying. For this, you will have to pass security.
So Briefly Good Sleeping Spot Can Be Found On:
- Terminal 2: hallway towards gates 40-48 or 50-60 near the yoga room. Have some areas with padded couches. Gates 52-54 have some quiet places(corners) where in-floor you can sleep. Pre-security areas with padded benches near Baggage check area 4. Perfect for two people.
- Terminal 3: In the food court area sleeping can be possible by moving furniture around. In pre-security areas have couch-type benches. Also, you can push furniture together for a temporary bed with some personal privacy.
Mobile Charging At SFO
Sufficient workstations with built-in power outlets are available throughout the terminal areas for a free or very low cost. However, a very fast device charging facility is also available for a small fee. You can find these locations in Terminal 1: Boarding area B(near gate 23), terminal 3: Boarding area E(near gate 61), and terminal 3: Boarding area F(near gate 87).
What Can You Do At SFO?
You can enjoy any of the following services at SFO airport.
- An aviation museum located at the main hall, international terminal landside from 10:30 am – 4:30 pm. You can enjoy 40 different exhibitions showcasing different cultural, art, historical, and scientific topics available in Terminal 1, 2,3 and international.
- Throughout the terminals permanent and rotating art exhibitions.
- InMotion Entertainment provides electronic accessories, movies, games rentals etc in three locations. Terminal-3:(airside boarding area F near gate 71 open from 8:00 am – 12:00 am), (airside boarding area F near gate entrance 80-90 open from 8:00 am – 12:00 am).
- You can enjoy meals in different cafes and sit-down restaurants.
- Over five dozen shops are available for spending time quickly!
- The international terminal has a shower facility for 30 minutes at $25.
- There are other many things available at SFO airport for its visitors. You can ask about these services from the respective terminal areas representative.
Is There Wi-Fi Facility At San Francisco International Airport (SFO)?
Yes, at SFO you can enjoy high-speed internet service.
Is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Wi-Fi Service Free?
Yes, San Francisco International Airport (SFO) WiFI service is completely free to use.
What Is The Name Of SFO WiFi SSID?
SFO WiFI SSID name is “#SFO FREE WIFI” or “#SFO FREE 5GHZ WIFI”.
Is The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Free Wi-Fi Limited?
No. There is no data limit for SFO wifi and no time limit as well. However, you will have to renew the terms and conditions agreement every 4 hours interval.
How Many Devices Are Allowed To Connect To SFO Wifi?
No limit for devices. You can connect SFO wifi to as many devices as you have to.
What To Do If I Am Facing Problems Connecting SFO WiFi?
If you face problems connecting to SFO’s free WiFI then you can call the San Francisco International Airport Wi-Fi authority at 855.415.WiFi.